Originally published at: April 2021 - Monthly Update | Afterthought System Blog
It’s April 1st already? Happy April Fools! Got no jokes this year haha. If you missed last month’s monthly update here it is: March 2021 – Monthly Update.
This month has been a very productive month for the team. This morning, we released many new features that we’ve been working on over the past few months. There were some that were a part of a bigger project and required more testing, then others where suggestions were submitted and we could implement much quicker than others.
We’re continuing to see Afterthought System grow and this month has been one of the more incredible months of this year. We’re expanding this company to something bigger than a CAD/MDT provider in the roleplaying community.
Changes we’ve made this month
Here are a few company-wide changes we’ve made this month:
- Starting today, April 1st, 2021, a new branch of Afterthought System is our web agency. This branch of Afterthought System will now sit on our main domain, and we’ll be offering these services so check out our website if you’re interested.
- A few weeks ago, when we announced this new branch of private-sector web development, we also announced that our CAD/MDT- named Terminal will be moving to a new domain. This morning, during our maintenance period, we move Terminal to the subdomain terminal.afterthought-system.com, so if you’re looking for our CAD/MDT system you can find it there.
- We introduced a new pricing model for Terminal. The main reason for this change was so we could be even more affordable and make our system more accessible to all communities. Learn more about the pricing change here.
Here are some changes we’ve made to Terminal this month:
- We introduced a new unit system today. This will help us and help you better manage each of your units. You now have the ability to create ridealong units that share the same callsign login. Learn more about setting up units here.
- We added the ability for communities to have their own custom streets. When enabled, this means that you’ll have to enter all your street names which will be used during incident generation, etc.
- We also introduced our new way to handle subscriptions with Terminal! Our old system was done manually and was less efficient for both our team and our customers. Learn more about this change here.
- We’ve seen an issue with new users spamming the “Resend Verification Code” button when verifying their account. Our emails are all delivered by Postmark and are quick and reliable. If you’re a new user, you should expect your email to arrive instantly, but if it doesn’t you can re-request for a code 60 seconds later. This prevents spamming the email API.
This month in numbers
- Total number of conversations via email@example.com or bug reports: 28 (12% increase from previous period)
- Total number of messages received: 41 (34% decrease from previous period)
- Replies sent: 49 (28% decrease from previous period)
- Average first response times during operating hours: 13 minutes and 46 seconds (89% decrease from previous period)
- Average response times during operating hours: 23 minutes 45 seconds (94% decrease from previous period)
Things we’re working on
Updates on current initiatives
Other than the features we’ve released, we’ve been continuing to work on a new MDT. We showed a small sneak peek in our product newsletter sent on March 27th, 2021. We’re currently done with the main parts of the system, but are working on the realistic reports. We’ve been implementing new features to it, such as the ability to download PDF reports for whatever reason a user might choose to.
We don’t have any new initiatives currently besides our web design agency. If you know a business, nonprofit, school, etc that might need a website. Feel free to refer us to them, they can find us on our website at afterthought-system.com.
Thank you all for reading this month’s update, stay tuned for next month! As always, thanks for your support!
Johnny, Drake, and the Afterthought System Team