[New Feature] Two-factor Authentication

Hello everyone!

We just released a new major feature: Two-factor Authentication (2FA)! Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security for your account to ensure that you’re the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password.

How this works?

When you have 2FA enabled, every 14 days, upon login, you will be required to enter a 6 digit code that is sent to your phone number upon setup. Once you enter that code, you’ll be able to proceed into your account. You will also be required to enter a new code if you are logged into a different network as well.

How can I set this up?

If you head over to your portal, and then click the “Settings” button on the left-hand side of the screen, then a dropdown will collapse and give you the option to select the “My Account” button. Once you select this, you’ll see a new “2-factor authentication” module along with a slightly redesigned user-interface of the account settings. Once you click on the “2-factor authentication” module, a module will collapse, then you’ll have the ability to enter your phone number. Once you enter your phone number, you will need to verify it with a code that was sent to it. Once verified, 2FA is now activated on your Afterthought System account. You will receive a confirmation email along with a text. Below are some supplemental screenshots.

This screenshot demonstrates navigating to the “My Account” section of the portal.

This screenshot demonstrates how you can access the 2FA settings in your “My Account” settings.

This screenshot shows how you can enable 2FA by entering your phone number.

How to disable 2FA?

You can disable 2FA by going back to your account settings when 2FA is enabled, then there will be a button where you can disable it. Once disabled, there will be a text and email sent to you notifying you of this change on your account.

If you have any questions, concerns or encounter a problem, feel free to reach out to our team at aftsys.us/support :blush: